Thursday, July 26, 2012


I broke the sleeves down into upper and lower pieces, cutting them out separately. I made the straight lower sections by making tapered cylinders with rolled seams. The upper puffy sections I cut in an ogee shape, a yard long.

I created knife pleats along both longer sides, fitting them to the wider part of the lower sleeve, attaching them at the pleats. I will do the same at the top of the shoulder.
For the sleeves, I used both a running stitch with cotton thread, upholstery weight for stress points and all-purpose at the other points.

Over all, I’m pretty pleased with the sleeves! I made them loose to accommodate the camicia that I will wear underneath. I’m getting very close to using up the teal taffeta. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment