Monday, June 11, 2012


Worked on the overskirt today after hanging it forever. Hubby helped me level the skirt (as instructed in the Tudor Tailor) last night and I cut away the excess. Good thing there was no one to take a picture of the process!

After some math, I started to create my box pleats, using matching upholstery thread for strength.  
Amazingly, they came out just perfectly. I think that the length of the skirt is not as long as I prefer, but I need to walk around without worrying too much about the hem.
Attaching the skirt to the waistband was easier than I thought it would be. I still need to find the brass hooks, but I am pleased even before I can iron the skirt to look nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment